If you want to earn money by reviewing websites, applications, and other digital products then this is the right article for you.
UserTesting is my personal favorite in terms of testing websites and earning money. It gives you the flexibility to work and for a quick 15-20mins test you will earn $10 which is not bad at all. On top of that, there are live interviews with the website, application, or product owners where you can participate and earn a higher reward. We are going to talk about the following topics in this article:
- Entry Test
- What to do after passing the test?
- How to get the first paid test?
- What to do after getting the first paid test?
- Mic I use to perform all the tests
- What not to do in UserTesting?
- Payment Proof
Now the most important part in UserTesting is to pass the entry test after which you will get access to the paid tests. The entry test is simple and straightforward. The questions asked can be easily answered. However, we have a guide for you which you can refer. Check the video below which we have created while taking the entry test. The guide will show you the exact questions asked in the live entry test and how to answer them.
Note: Initially the video is in Hindi but from the point where the Test starts it is in English.
The result of the entry test is usually sent to the registered mail within 24-48 hours of taking the test.
What to do after passing the test?
Now getting the first test in UserTesting is tough due to an obvious reason that the application and website owners want their products to be tested by Testers who are already having a good rating and not by a newbie. But that doesn’t mean someone with a new account won’t be able to take part in paid tests.
How to get the first paid test?
Here are some tips from my experience. I can’t guarantee it will work but if you stick to it then definitely you will get the first test.
- You have to be patient and keep the tab with UserTesting open all the time so that whenever a test is available you will hear a notification sound and get a chance to participate.
- Fill your profile with as much details as possible. This will help you get a relevant test sooner.
- Screeners are completely luck based so don’t lose hope if you fail at any. A lot of screeners will come your way. Just be patient.
What to do after getting the first paid test?
When you get the first test, try to do it even if you are not confident as doing the first test will increase your chances of getting rated. And once you are rated it will open the door with a lot of incoming tests for you.
Also even if you do worse, you will be rated 4 stars. UserTesting is very lenient with their first test as they understand mistakes can happen so early in your testing journey.
Mic I use to perform all the tests
This is a common question which I have been getting all the time that which Mic I use for doing tests. I will provide you the cheapest option that you can use to buy one and use it for all the tests. The mic that I use is of an earphone, it has been very effective for the last 1 year and I have earned more than $800 in total by doing tests with it. The mic is JBL C100SI which can be seen below:
What not to do in UserTesting?
- Never try to run UserTesting with a VPN.
- Don’t try to create more than 1 account in the same household, they are very strict about it and it can lead to an instant ban.
- Never do a test you are not confident about as rating is the most important factor which decides the amount of tests that you receive.
- Always try to be above 4 stars in your total rating of UserTesting. Below 4 stars there’s hardly any chance that you will receive tests in future and it might end your UserTesting career.
Hope you found this article helpful. If you did then do share it with your friends and let them know about this amazing opportunity. Cheers! Have a good day. 😊