Microworkers is one of the best platforms to do micro tasks and get paid. This was the first platform that I tried to earn money.
It gave me a really good push into my micro tasks career. They have a variety of small tasks available with them like data entry, data annotation, etc.
I am going to give a complete guide on how you can maximize your earnings at Microworkers and clear out a lot of doubts that you might have about the platform.
What is Microworkers?
Microworkers is a micro-tasking website that connects employers with workers globally. The site is registered in 2007. But officially it started operations in 2009.
It is one of the first crowd-working websites that was ever launched. Currently, it has over a million workers from all over the world.
How to work for Microworkers?
Anyone can work for them given you have a good internet connection and the ability to work hard. You can work from your smartphone or your PC and from anywhere you want.
You can visit their site, sign up and start working for them. It is that simple!
Now you might have a question Is microworkers legit?
Is Microworkers Legit?
You might see a few negative reviews about the platform. Some criticize it for not paying and some for irregularly banning their account.
However, If you think logically the website is more than 15 years old and it still operational. And any site which is that old can’t just make scams and stay for so long.
As I have worked for almost two years on this platform, from my experience I can say that it is a legitimate website to make money as I have received multiple payments from them.
If you still don’t believe you can always check my payment proof which I have attached later in this guide.]
Microworkers Sign UP Process
I will walk you through the most important aspects of the registration process which you should definitely do to make sure you don’t face problems in the platform.
1. Name and Address: You must give your name and address as mentioned in your National ID card.
This is very important as you will be required to verify your address during the time of your First Payment with your ID Card document.
2. Microworkers Admission Test: Try to pass the test at any cost as it is the gateway to get more number of tasks.
People who don’t pass it usually see 60%-80% less number of tasks than the ones who pass it. So this is something you must consider while starting out.
The questions are very basic based on English Grammar. A simple google search will provide you with the answers to most of the questions.
Types Of Work At Microworkers
Tasks in Microworkers are very easy and will not require you to have any prior experience to do.
There are different categories of tasks available at microworkers. Let us discuss some of them below.
1. Social Media Tasks
Tasks here will be related to some specific social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Linkedin, etc.
You will have to perform simple tasks such as liking, commenting, or sharing posts. The main aim of the employer here is to gain some popularity through you.
In the case of Youtube videos, you might also be asked to dislike a video. That might sound crazy but I have seen such tasks on the platform.
The pay here is between $0.05-$0.30 per task.
2. Visit A Website
In this task, you will be asked to visit a website for a specific time interval. You might also be asked to browse through different sections of the website.
The pay here is between $0.10-$0.25 per task.
3. Microworkers Data Entry Jobs
This is one of the most popular tasks at Microworkers. You will have to do basic data entry and the task is available frequently throughout the day.
In most cases, you will be given an image and you just need to type whatever is written in it.
This is the easiest task at Microworkers. You will be paid $0.05-$0.10 per task.
4. Microworkers App Review Jobs
This task pays the most and is available very rarely. You will need to provide a detailed review for the android/ios application mentioned in the instruction.
It pays around $0.25-$1 per task. It comes with very less slots and hence has very high competition.
There are many more categories of tasks available at Microworkers. Here is a snip below to get a taste of what all jobs are present in the platform.
Things Not To Do In Microworkers
1. VPN: Never ever try to use VPN in a way to get more tasks as they easily caught people doing it and ban their device forever
2. Multiple Accounts: You should not make multiple accounts as they also have a good system to catch it.
3. Don’t Refresh: This is something that many newbies will encounter. If you refresh the Microworkers site multiple times then there are chances that they will temporarily ban you for 24 hours-7days.
4. Don’t Submit Duplicate Proofs: Never submit proof that you have already submitted before for another task. This will trigger an invalid activity in their system and you might get warnings and temporary bans.
How to generate Microworkers Pin?
Every Microworker is excited once he reaches $10 as it is the minimum amount required to be paid.
But there is something called a PIN which comes as a barrier between them and their first payment.
Pin verification is a one-time thing that is required to be applied during the first Payment. Let’s discuss how you will generate the pin:
Once you reach $10, you can request your pin verification. You have to go to the support tab and submit a new message.
Microworkers pin email
Sharing a screenshot of the message below that I used to request Pin Verification.
You can send the same message to them for your PIN Verification. Remember to attach your National ID proof which can be your Passport, Driving license, or any other document which has the Address proof.
They need to verify your address in this step. This is the reason why I mentioned Address as one important step in the Registration section.
Their support takes a lot of time to verify and grant you the PIN. They say it’s because of a lot of new workers joining their platform and also state COVID as a reason.
Remember to send this message once every 48 hours to them so that your message will have their attention.
It can take as long as 30 days for your PIN to be verified. But once it is done, all the next payments will be hassle-free.
How To Get Payment By Skipping PIN Verification?
If you want to skip the PIN Verification process and get paid then you can use Payoneer as the payment mode where the minimum withdrawal is set to $20.
Is Microworkers worth doing?
It all depends upon time and person. Payrate is at the best level considering the microtasks category. We can’t compare it with UHRS tasks and others as the level of work is also at a different level.
The tasks in Microworkers are very simple and can be done by almost anyone as it requires no prior knowledge. They can be a good option if you are looking for an easy method to work.
Microworkers Payment Process
They have five different payment methods which you can use to withdraw your money. Each of the providers has a different minimum payout.
You will be able to place a withdrawal request only between Monday and Friday.
Sharing below the different payment options at Microworkers and their minimum payout.
The best method considering fees and all is Local Bank Transfer. You will get the most amount through it. I have personally used it to withdraw all the time.
Here are some great alternatives to Microworkers that you can use to earn extra money. Providing a few of the platforms below:
1. Picoworkers: Picoworkers is a micro-tasking site where you can perform a variety of jobs including data entry, social media follow/view, website traffic, signup to earn, and many more.
2. Jobboy: Jobboy is a new micro-tasking website that is based out of the Netherlands. Just like other micro-tasking websites, freelance workers perform small tasks to earn money.
3. Yandex Toloka: Searching for a reliable online website that will pay you to work? Yandex Toloka will certainly pay you a lot of money to work on their platform.
4. Hive Micro: Hive Micro is a micro-tasking website. With the help of crowd working, it is trying to improve its machine learning algorithms.
5. Clickworker: Clickworker is famous for its crowdworking platform providing work-from-home jobs to thousands of freelance workers.
6. Remotasks: Remotasks is a make-money-online platform that pays you to do simple tasks such as labeling images, transcribing audios, and many more.
Microworkers Payment Proof
Now it all comes to if the site is legit and show us your payment proof. I will share all my payment screenshots below which I have taken through a direct Bank Transfer.
IP Is Not Unique Microworkers
You might face this problem while logging into microworkers. This happens because of using a shared IP connection. Here is the solution which will work 99% of the time.
If you are connected to a WIFI, try using a different WIFI or your mobile data or a hotspot connection. In simpler words, just change your internet connection and it will work.
Make sure you don’t use VPN to solve this issue. It is strictly against Microworkers guidelines and can ban your account.
Hope you liked the article. if you found value through it and want to check out some other Earning Options do check our other articles. 😊