Do you know you can earn money by helping search engines search better? In this article, We will discuss uhrs work from home platform developed by Microsoft to improve Bing Search Engine.
This is going to be the most comprehensive guide on UHRS you would have ever come across.
I have earned more than $12000 from it in the last 12 months and I will guide you through each and every single process that will help you earn better.
What is UHRS Jobs?
UHRS stands for Universal Human Relevance System. It is owned by Microsoft. The main motive behind UHRS is to improve Bing search engine.
It is an online work-from-home platform where anyone can work and make money by doing simple tasks. Tasks can range from data annotation to image labeling.
Tasks are available throughout the year and hence you can expect to earn a good amount of money through it. We will talk about UHRS in detail so that you make the most out of it.
How much can you earn with UHRS?
This is a subjective question as the earnings can vary from person to person. However, I will try to make it simple for you.
I have worked with many individuals in UHRS and approximately on average, a UHRS judge makes around $400-$600 per month. Remember I told you the average amount.
On the higher side, it can go up to $2000/month and on the lower side, people make a few dollars. So it is completely dependent on you.
If you put in more hours and more effort, then definitely you are going to make a lot of money from UHRS.
I will even give you one of the tips that I have personally used to increase my earnings by 200%.
How to get access to UHRS?
UHRS doesn’t provide direct access to its platform. The only way to get access is through different vendors and third parties. I am listing out all the vendors that are currently providing access to UHRS.
You can create an account on any of these sites and get access to UHRS. Now people often ask me which one is the best vendor to start working with.
The list that I have provided above is already ranked as per my priority. To rank the 5 sites, I took 2 factors into consideration:
- Work Availability – Number of hit apps available in the platform
- Payment System – Smoothness of the payment process
Live ID And How to Create it?
You will require Live ID to access the UHRS platform. To create it, You can simply go to live.com and create a free account.
Vendors like Clickworker and Quadrant Resources will give you a specific email ID that you need to create. While for the others, you can create any random live id.
After creation, You need to link it with the vendor account. And then you will be able to access UHRS platform.
UHRS Platform Guide
There are 2 sections in the UHRS platform:
We will discuss both of them and will provide every single detail about the Platform.
The marketplace is the part of UHRS Platform where you will be able to see the task’s availability and various other information about each task.
Below is a screenshot of what the marketplace looks like. It is the first screen you will see when you log in to UHRS
Once you are here, go to the All section as shown in the above screenshot and change the view to List as It is easier to track things than the Grid View.
Now Let’s start discussing each and every term present in the UHRS Marketplace.
Hitapps, Hits, Earn, Completion Time
1. Uhrs Hitapps : These are the various kind of jobs/tasks present in UHRS. Each hitapp is different than the other and has a different set of rules to do it.
From my experience, I can tell one thing if you do UHRS for around 4-5 months you will be familiar with all kind of hit apps that usually comes.
Presenting below a screenshot which we will refer to throughout this section.I have covered the hitapp names in the screenshot as it is against the UHRS guidelines.
2. Uhrs Hits: These are the tasks that you do in a hitapp. Think of hits as questions/queries that you have to solve and get paid. Each hit will earn you some money.
In the above screenshot, the top hitapp contains approximately 89.7k hits which shows the work available for the hitapp. In simpler terms, there are around 89.7k queries that are currently available to be solved in the hitapp.
3. Earn: This is the amount that you will earn for doing a single hit in the hitapp. So the hitapp present at the second which is having 2.5k hits has an earning potential of $0.012/hit. That is equivalent to $30 in total.
4. Hits Completion Time: This is the average time that you should take to complete one hit. This is something you should follow in order to not get a speed ban which we will talk about later in the coming sections.
Preview, Train, Guidelines
1. Preview: The wifi like icon shown in the above image is the Preview section. Before you can do the paid tasks, you can practice the hitapp using preview and understand how the hitapp works.
It will provide you with questions similar to that in the Paid tasks and is very helpful to get a practical overview of the task. It is not a mandatory thing to do. You can do this for practice.
2. Uhrs Training: The next icon to preview is Training. It is similar to Preview. The only difference between Preview and Training is that in most of the hitapps training is a mandatory field before you will be able to start doing the Paid Tasks. It is also for practice and will help you understand the task.
3. Uhrs Guidelines: The last icon in the image refers to Guidelines. You can download guidelines for every hitapp using this section.
They are a set of rules and methods that you should follow to judge/solve a hit(query) in the hitapp.
Guidelines will give you the theoretical knowledge while the training and preview will give you practical examples of the tasks.
Note: Personally, I like to start a new hitapp with Training and Preview and if I don’t understand it while doing Training, only then I go and read the guidelines.
Qualify, Start, Pending
1. Qualify: For doing paid tasks in any hitapp, you will have to go through a qualification process. As per my experience, I have seen the uhrs hitapps generally require a 70%-80% score in Qualification to pass it.
Each uhrs hitapp will provide you with a certain number of chances to qualify. If you fail in all the chances then you won’t be getting another chance to pass it.
So it’s very important to do the Qualification carefully. Below is a sample instruction to qualification screenshot:
In the above screenshot you can see there are 3 qualification attempts and in each attempt, you will get 15 Hits.
And as per the note above the usual percentage to pass qualification is 70-80 which means you will be required to do around 12 Hits correctly out of the 15 available Hits in qualification to pass it.
Qualification is a one-time process which means if you qualify on a hitapp once you won’t be required to pass again if the same hitapp comes in the future.
Small Trick: While doing the qualification if you are unsure about a hit(query) you can refresh the page to see a new hit. In this way you can only do the hits you are sure about and pass the exam.
2. Start: This is the button that will take you to the Paid tasks. The qualify button automatically converts into Start once you successfully pass the exam.
3. Pending: Some hitapps show the action button as Pending after you give the qualification test which can be seen from the above screenshot.
Only a few hitapps have this issue and I will recommend you to ignore those hitapps and focus on the others.
This ends the Marketplace section. I hope you understood it well. We will now talk about Report and the other important topics.
The uhrs report is a very important part of UHRS as it will show you your performance across various hitapps that you have done. You will be able to improve your earnings by checking your reports regularly.
Below is a screenshot that we will refer to throughout this section:
Judgment Total, Judging Hours, Judgement/Hour
- Judgment Total: This shows the total number of hits that you have done for that particular hitapp. The more hits you do the more you earn.
- Judging Hours: This shows the total amount of time you have spent performing the tasks.
- Judgment/Hour (Speed): This shows the speed with which you have done the hits. You must follow the completion time which we discussed in the above section to avoid getting speed bans.
We will talk about speed bans in the coming section.
Potential, Incentive, and Total Earnings
- Potential Earnings: This shows the amount of money that you have earned by doing the hits.
- Incentive Earnings: Some hitapps will contain bonuses. If you earn any bonus from a hitapp it will show up under Incentive Earnings.
- Total Earnings: This is the sum of Potential Earnings and Incentive Earnings. This is the amount that you will be getting paid from UHRS.
UHRS Video Tutorial
For a better understanding, you can check out our video on UHRS – Complete Guide.
Note: The video is in English
UHRS Spam Accuracy
This is the most important part of the report section. This tells you how is your performance in a hitapp and if you need to improve it. To understand Spam Accuracy in uhrs better, we will have to understand the various kind of hits present in a hitapp.
Types Of Hits
We are only going to talk about the various types of hits present in the Paid Hits which will come after qualifying a hitapp.
1. Task Hits: These are the hits whose answer is not known to UHRS and you among various workers will solve the hits to give UHRS the answers.
Now here comes a problem, if UHRS will give all the hits as Task hits then people can easily spam(give any answer they want even without reading the query).
Spamming will decrease the quality of work that UHRS is looking for and hence it has come up with a solution to it with 2 kinds of hits that are inserted among the Task Hits randomly.
2. Spam Hits: These are the hits whose answer is already known to UHRS and they will be used to assess your quality of work. UHRS is not going to tell you if the hit is a spam hit or not.
It will just look similar to a Task hit and is almost impossible to differentiate a Spam hit from a Task hit.
3. RTA Hits: This is similar to spam hit as the answer to this hit is also known to UHRS but this will not be used to assess your quality of work rather it will just provide you information if you are doing the hits correctly or not.
Also, you will be able to identify an RTA Hit from the other hits as it will give you an alert after you complete the hit. The alert looks similar to an alert you get while doing a hit in the Training section.
Sharing below a sample screenshot:
Finding Spam Accuracy
Now that you have understood the various kind of hits, let us understand what spam accuracy is by one example.
Suppose you did 100 hits in a hitapp among which 10 hits were spam hits and were randomly placed between the Task hits. Out of the 10 Spam Hits you did 5 hits correctly then your spam accuracy will be 50%.
It doesn’t matter if you do the Task Hits correctly or not. The only thing matters are doing those few Spam Hits correctly.
The formula for Spam Accuracy is :
Spam Accuracy = Number Of Spam Hits Done Correctly/Total Number Of Spam Hits Done
So if by anyway you know what are the Spam hits in a hitapp then you will be able to ace the hitapp with 100% accuracy and probably you will earn a lot of money. 👌
You should always maintain a good spam accuracy so as to not get a ban. We will talk about various kind of bans in the next section.
Type Of Bans In UHRS
There are 2 types of bans in UHRS.
1. Spam Ban: This happens when your spam accuracy goes below a set threshold. For every Hitapp there is a threshold already set by UHRS which is unknown to us.
So people usually ask me What is a good Spam Accuracy? The answer to it is simple, there is no exact spam accuracy which is good as for every hitapp the spam accuracy is different.
But if you can keep your spam accuracy at 90% and above, there is a very little chance that you will get banned.
One way to know the threshold is by getting a ban as it will tell you at what spam accuracy you got banned. But I will not recommend doing so 😂
2. Speed Ban: This happens when you try to do the hits at a much faster rate than the desired speed limit.
Like the spam ban which had a threshold for spam accuracy, every hitapp also has a speed limit/threshold.If you go above that threshold you will get a speed ban.
You can avoid a speed ban by following the average completion time. It is mentioned for all the hitapps in the marketplace.
Temporary Ban: Each hitapp will temporarily ban you before banning you permanently. The temporary bans will be like a warning.
If you get a temporary ban in uhrs hitapps, you will usually have a message “Based on your recent work, we have noticed that the quality is not in line with Task owner’s expectations and guidelines.”
In Temporary Ban, you still get a chance to work on the hitapp again. The Temporary Ban usually lifts in 24 hours, more specifically at 12:00 AM (PST). So after this, you can again start working on the hitapp.
Permanent Ban: After 2 temporary bans, the 3rd ban will lead to a Permanent Ban and in this case, it will disable your access to the hitapp forever.
It will come with a message “You have been disabled“. This is something you should avoid at any cost.
To avoid a Permanent Ban, you must understand how the Ban Timeline works.
For every hitapp, the Ban status resets every 7 days. Let us understand it with an example:
If you are temporarily banned today then a hidden timer will start for 7 days from the exact time of your ban. Within these 7 days if you get 2 more bans then you will be permanently banned but if you don’t do the hitapp for 7 days after the 1st ban then the timer will end and the system will forget that you had a ban before.
You can take advantage of this method by stopping to work on a hitapp for 7 days on which you have a temporary ban. This will make sure you don’t have a permanent ban at all.
PA AC and TA AC Hitapps
The Ban Timeline doesn’t apply for a small number of hitapps ending with PA AC and TA AC. These are the hitapps that will ban you in your first ban without giving you a warning.
So you should be more careful while doing these hitapps.
Note: The UHRS Portal refreshes every 15-20mins which means it doesn’t show all the information in real time.
Tips To Increase Your UHRS Earnings By Over 200%
If you already work at UHRS, you must be knowing how the competition to work on Hitapps has grown in the past few years.
Everyone working at UHRS hates the warning message “There are no hits available”. This happens when the hits get over and there is no work left for a hitapp.
An image of the same is shown below.
You might have missed a hitapp because of checking the marketplace late. Now people who start working on the hitapp first have the best opportunity to make the most money out of it.
What if I say there are UHRS hitapp notifiers that will notify you whenever hitapps are available. These are fully automated and hence runs 24×7
People have used it and have boosted their earnings three times. That’s huge!
We know of two such wonderful services that you can join and increase your earnings. They are:
1. UHRS NOTIFICATIONS SUPERGROUP
This is a Telegram-based group that is fully automated and runs 24×7 to instantly notify you with all the English based hitapps. It has over 800 members and the count is increasing every day.
You can join it through the below link.
2. HITS ASSISTANT
This is a chrome extension that you can use to get notified about all the hitapps that are available in the Marketplace. It has over 1000+ downloads and is a great tool to get instant notifications.
You can get it through the below link.
Both the services will send you notifications as soon as they are available in the UHRS Marketplace.
This will keep you ahead of others and you will also not need to check for hitapps manually anymore.
You can try out both of the services and see which one suits your best. I can guarantee this will boost your earnings.
FAQ About UHRS
Why I am getting a message “Your account has been expired, Please contact the vendor manager to renew”?
This is a known UHRS login issue that can happen to anyone. All UHRS accounts have a temporary expiration date. This usually happens because of 2 reasons:
You have been inactive for more than 30 days.
The usual id expiration can happen every few months.
Solution: You should mail to the support team telling them about the issue and asking to renew your account. I have shared the support emails below.
Support emails of various UHRS vendors:
Clickworker Support – email@example.com
Teemwork Support – firstname.lastname@example.org
Oneforma UHRS Support – email@example.com
Datamime Support – firstname.lastname@example.org
Quadrant Support – email@example.com
Hope you liked the article. if you found value through it and want to check out some other Earning Options do check our other articles. 😊